Norfolk Car Accident Lawyer
Injured In An Auto Accident? Contact Lowell Stanley
Even simple, seemingly harmless decisions while driving can have the same terrible consequences on the road as the decision to drive drunk. When drivers decide to put on makeup, talk on the cell phone, ignore fatigue, or eat breakfast in the car, they aren’t paying close attention to other vehicles on the highway and can cause dangerous and sometimes fatal auto accidents.
Recovering from a car accident can involve weeks, months, or even years of treatment. Injuries can range from neck and back pain to more severe spinal cord injuries, paralysis, brain injuries, lacerations, and amputations. Physical therapy, surgery, and medication are expensive and time consuming. Car accident victims may be out of work, unable to earn money to pay for treatment or support their family members. The mental, emotional, and financial costs of recovery can be overwhelming. Let our Norfolk injury law firm fight for you.
To get the compensation you need to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering, contact the experienced Norfolk car accident lawyers at Lowell Stanley. We know how to handle profit-driven insurance companies and will fight to protect you against those who would try to undervalue your claim. Request a FREE initial consultation online now!
After the Accident
Insurance companies employ attorneys and insurance adjustors whose sole purpose is to save them money. They may show up at the scene of the accident or contact car accident victims to ask leading or incriminating questions in an attempt to undervalue your claim. Do not give a statement to insurance adjustors or sign anything until you’ve talked to the car accident lawyers at Lowell Stanley. You may be signing away rights to future compensation.
To protect yourself against aggressive insurance companies, there are steps you can take after your car accident that may help solidify your claim.
- Take photos of the accident, your vehicle, other vehicles involved, and your injuries as soon as possible. Photos are difficult to dispute as evidence will strengthen your claim.
- See a doctor immediately. Remember that you have the right to choose your own doctor. Do not let an insurance adjustor choose a doctor for you.
- Notify your insurance company. Any delays may hurt your case down the line.
- Keep records of all expenses, including medical bills, rental cars, repairs, and household services such as mowing the lawn and having food prepared while you are injured.
- File copies of all medical records, including the treatments you received, prescriptions, hospital stays, and medical expenses.
- Keep a journal detailing how you felt as you recovered. It may be difficult six or seven months after an accident to remember how painful it was to button a shirt or tie shoes. This will guard against insurance adjustors claiming you are exaggerating the pain and suffering you have endured.
- Contact the Lowell Stanley car accident lawyers. We will fight to protect you against those who would take advantage of your vulnerable position.
Don’t try to go it alone after a car accident. Let us handle the legal side of your case so you can focus on healing and moving forward.
Free Initial Consultation
If you have been seriously injured, contact the car accident lawyers at Lowell Stanley. We have recovered compensation for clients throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, including Hampton Roads, Norfolk, Richmond, Roanoke, Virginia Beach, and Williamsburg. Contact Lowell “The Hammer” Stanley today. Fill out a FREE Online Consultation Form or dial (757) 461-5555.
Lowell Stanley has represented clients with claims resulting from auto accidents, birth injuries, brain injuries, defective products, dog bites, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, workers’ compensation, and wrongful death. Contact the personal injury lawyers at Lowell Stanley to get the answers and help you need.
Lowell A. Stanley, P.C.
6330 Newtown Road
Norfolk, VA 23502-4805
Practicing throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.