September is one of the deadliest months on U.S. roads—with one of the deadliest holidays (Labor Day). Although we wish Norfolk was exempt from these statistics, chances are we’ll have a number of serious accidents this month along with the rest of the country. However, adhering to the following 5 driver safety tips may help reduce your chances of being involved in a car accident:
- Leave early. Many car crashes are the result of driving too fast in order to get to your destination on time. If you regularly are running late on your daily commute, try leaving 20 minutes early. You’ll be amazed at how much more relaxed you are on your commute.
- Be patient. Traffic jams or other hold-ups are just part of driving. Getting frustrated or taking unnecessary risks in an attempt to get where you’re going faster leads to accidents. Don’t do it.
- Look twice. The one thing you can’t control on the road is the actions of other drivers. Even when you have the right away, take a second look to make sure the other drivers on the road adhere to traffic laws.
- Avoid distractions. Talking on your phone, putting on makeup, or eating breakfast can get you or someone else killed on the road. It’s as simple as that.
- Never drive impaired. There are far too many ride alternatives in the Roanoke area for you to take the risk of driving impaired. Even if you think you’re fine, don’t take the chance of ending someone else’s life or your own by getting behind the wheel.
Unfortunately, even the safest, most responsible drivers are sometimes still involved in a car accident. If you’ve been injured, give our experienced Norfolk car accident attorneys a call for a free consultation. Let us work to help you get maximum compensation in the least amount of time.