November 11th, 2019
Many complications can arise during pregnancy, during delivery, and in the initial period after a baby is born. It’s up to doctors, midwives, and other medical personnel to prevent those complications from occurring, or detect and treat them immediately. When healthcare professionals fail to take the necessary steps to prevent or reduce harm to pregnant mothers and their children, they can be held liable for birth injuries.
Mistakes during prenatal checks up, in the delivery room, and during the post-birth care process can occur because healthcare professionals are:
- Poorly trained
- Overworked and fatigued
- Lacking proper communication plans and protocols
Many pregnancy-related complications can be effectively prevented, treated, or mitigated by healthcare professionals who are attentive and proactive, but not all women receive the level of care they deserve. At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, we’ve helped many women who suffered harm—or whose children suffered harm—because of negligent medical professionals.
There are many birth defects and birth injuries that can occur to both women and children due to negligent doctors, midwives, and other hospital staff, including:
- Fractured bones
- Uterine injuries
- Bruising and scarring
- Facial paralysis
- Brachial plexus
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe bleeding
If you or your child were injured at any point during or after your pregnancy by a team of medical professionals that you thought you could trust, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact our Norfolk birth injury lawyers today to find out how we can help you.
August 19th, 2019
It’s common for expectant parents to assume that childbirth is a relatively risk-free process due to current medical technology. And while most women give birth without incident, some experience complications that can harm them and their babies. Of those complications, some are caused by negligent medical providers including doctors, nurses, and midwives.
Birth injuries can range from minor to life-threatening for both mothers and their children. Babies can experience severe injuries that can have a long-lasting impact on their lives, including cerebral palsy and nerve damage in their arms, hands, and fingers. Women also face serious risks both during delivery and while pregnant, including uterine rupture.
Healthcare providers who treat pregnant women are supposed to take all of the necessary precautions throughout their patients’ pregnancies. That means monitoring for potential complications and following the proper protocol for addressing issues or emergencies if or when they happen. When healthcare providers fail to react on time or appropriately, serious injuries can occur.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, we believe that medical providers who practice or assist before, during, and after childbirth should be held to a high standard, and when they fail to live up to that standard, they should be held accountable. If you or your child were harmed, contact the Norfolk birth injury lawyers at Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers today.
June 3rd, 2019
Going into labor can be stressful and even dangerous. You trust your doctor and other healthcare providers at the hospital to protect you and your baby from the moment you check in to the moment you begin your journey home. However, nearly 10,000 infants are born with birth injuries annually in the U.S., and a significant number of mothers experience complications and injuries as well.
There are risks associated with every step of the delivery process, and the medical professionals in charge of your baby’s delivery are supposed to do everything in their power to minimize your risks. When they fail to do so due to negligence or carelessness, you or your baby may experience health problems that can be permanently disabling and even life-threatening.
Some of those injuries and complications can include:
- Cerebral palsy—A disorder that affects physical and mental development, cerebral palsy can be caused when babies experience oxygen deprivation or head injuries during birth.
- Uterine rupture—Some women are prone to uterine ruptures during pregnancy, but they can be prevented with careful monitoring and check-ups.
- Erb’s palsy—Children whose vertebral nerves are injured during delivery may experience permanent weakness and loss of motion in their arms, hands, and fingers.
If you or your baby were hurt before, during, or after delivery because of negligent medical professionals, you deserve the maximum compensation. Contact the Norfolk birth injury attorneys at Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers today. We’re ready to put our experience to work for you.
February 25th, 2019
When you visit your doctor for prenatal checkups, go to the hospital for delivery, or get post-delivery care, you expect to receive treatment that’s safe and effective. But when healthcare providers are negligent, their mistakes can result in serious injuries for you or your baby.
Common injuries and complications associated with birth injuries include:
- Cerebral palsy—Cerebral palsy is a disorder that affects the physical and mental development of affected children. It can be caused by various delivery-related complications, including oxygen deprivation, exposure to infections, head injuries, and brain bleeds.
- Erb’s palsy—Nerves that run through the vertebrae to the arms, hands, and fingers can be damaged during delivery if babies’ necks are stretched to their sides. Children affected with this condition may experience weakness and loss of motion for the rest of their lives.
- Uterine rupture—Uterine ruptures are potentially fatal for both mothers and their children. Doctors can often prevent them via careful monitoring and evaluations, but they don’t always do that for expectant mothers.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk birth injury attorneys are here to assist if you or your child suffered injuries due to a negligent healthcare provider at any point during your pregnancy, during delivery, or shortly after your child’s birth.
Contact us today for a free consultation to find out how we may be able to help.
November 5th, 2018
Because of advances in medical knowledge and technology, childbirth is significantly safer today than it has ever been. But mothers and their babies can face serious harm when healthcare providers are careless before, during, and after delivery.
The Norfolk birth injury attorneys at Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers want to help protect the rights of mothers, children, and families whose lives were devastated due to negligent doctors, surgeons, and other medical professionals.
Common injuries associated with negligent care during delivery include cerebral palsy, Erb’s Palsy, and uterine rupture. Victims may need emergency medical attention, including surgeries and prolonged stays in the hospital. Childbirth is already expensive, and the added costs associated with birth injuries can be too much for many families to bear.
Our legal team is dedicated to helping women and their loved ones get the money they deserve after negligence-related birth injuries. If you or someone you love was injured during childbirth, we’re here to help. It’s important to get legal representation as soon as possible, as evidence can disappear and statutes of limitations can expire. We’re ready to put our knowledge and experience to work for you. Call today for a free consultation.
August 6th, 2018
Around four million babies are born in the U.S. every year. The doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals who assist during the delivery process are invaluable for keeping women and their children safe, especially when complications arise.
But sometimes, those complications are caused by the healthcare providers themselves. When people involved in the delivery process are negligent or careless, serious injuries can occur to mothers and babies.
Common injuries include cerebral palsy and Erb’s palsy in children and uterine rupture in mothers. Some birth injuries can be prevented via careful monitoring and handling, and potential complications can be resolved when doctors and nurses are quick to notice symptoms and injuries. However, the proper steps aren’t always taken just before, during, and after delivery, and that can cause women and their children to suffer debilitating and even life-threatening injuries.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk birth injury attorneys know how devastating those types of complications are for families and mothers. Everyone wants the best start in life for their child, and knowing that the healthcare professionals you entrusted with the birth of your child may have harmed him or her is shocking and painful.
Let us help you get the compensation you deserve during this difficult time. Call us today for a free consultation. We’re ready to put our experience to work for you.
May 7th, 2018
Birth injuries are devastating for families, especially when they happen because of healthcare providers’ negligence. Women who are going into labor rightfully expect the absolute best care possible when they travel to hospitals to give birth, but they don’t always get the attention and consideration they deserve.
Whether doctors and other medical professionals are distracted, careless, poorly trained, or even acting maliciously, babies and their mothers can be harmed before, during, and after labor by the people they trust the most during this vulnerable time.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk birth injury lawyers have helped families who have been affected by a variety of birth injuries, including:
- Cerebral palsy—Cerebral palsy affects movement and motor function, and it’s caused by abnormal brain development. It can be caused by birth injuries due to oxygen deprivation during delivery, exposure to in-utero injections, head injuries during childbirth, and undiagnosed or untreated brain bleeding and infections.
- Erb’s palsy—Similar to cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy also affects movement throughout the body, but it’s caused by damaged nerves in the arms. It can be caused by the stretching or unnatural movements of babies’ necks during delivery.
- Uterine rupture—Mothers can also suffer serious birth injuries. Uterine ruptures can occur during delivery, and it’s up to doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals present during delivery to monitor and treat this condition if it occurs.
Get the legal representation you deserve if you, your child, or someone you love was hurt during delivery by a negligent medical professional. Call today for a free consultation to find out how we may be able to help.
February 12th, 2018
Finding out that your precious newborn child was harmed by a doctor or healthcare professional before, during, or after delivery is devastating. Because infants are so vulnerable, even minor mistakes and oversights can result in lifelong health problems and complications.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk birth injury lawyers are here to help the families of children who were victims of negligent healthcare providers and suffered broken bones or developed serious health problems like cerebral palsy, shoulder dystocia, or Erb’s palsy.
We know that you may be reluctant to pursue a claim against the doctor who helped delivery your baby or the hospital where the birth took place, especially if you’ve never needed a lawyer before.
An experienced legal team can handle all of the details of the claim while you spend time with your child and your family. You can count on a birth injury lawyer to:
- Prove the birth injury occurred – We’ll collect evidence that leaves no doubt that your child was harmed before, during, or after delivery at the hospital.
- Prove the birth injury was due to negligence – It’s not enough to just prove that the injury happened, and that’s why we continue collecting evidence until we can conclusively link your child’s injury or health problems to a provider’s carelessness.
Going up against a hospital or other healthcare facility requires experience and resources—and we want to help. We aren’t afraid of a fight, and we’ll do everything we can to maximize your chances of getting compensation. Call today for a free consultation.
August 28th, 2017
During the birth of your child, you trust doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to provide the highest-quality care.
But just like all employees in the medical profession, delivery and neonatal healthcare workers can make mistakes—some of which can have devastating consequences for your child. To make matters worse, some of those mistakes can be caused by negligence or carelessness.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, we’ve helped parents whose children were injured because of factors such as:
- Dangerous movements of the child’s body during delivery – Children are extremely vulnerable during delivery. When doctors or nurses fail to exercise extreme caution, children can suffer severe bruising, broken bones, and head injuries.
- Medications that interfere with delivery or pose threats to the baby – It’s common for women going into labor to receive certain medications. But doctors must be vigilant and prescribe only medications that won’t put mother or child at risk.
- Failure to monitor – Both pregnancy and childbirth require close monitoring to protect mother and child. Healthcare workers who fail to chart and keep track of important vital signs can put babies at risk.
Birth injuries can lead to serious health problems such as cerebral palsy, shoulder dystocia, and Erb’s palsy (also known as brachial plexus birth palsy).
If your child was injured because of a healthcare professional’s mistakes or negligence, you may be facing expensive medical bills and years of emotional pain. Don’t go it alone. Contact our Norfolk birth injury lawyers today. Our consultations are always free, and we’re available to take your call 24/7.
February 27th, 2017
Certain life experiences stick out in our minds more than others, such as the day you met your spouse—or the day your child was born. Unfortunately for some Norfolk families, the memory of their child’s birth can be more painful than joyful. There’s no way to describe here the devastation associated with discovering that your child has suffered a birth injury. You’re left with many more questions than answers, and the medical staff simply can’t answer them all.
Along with the medical implications come substantial financial complications. That’s why you should call an experienced Norfolk birth injury lawyer to help you navigate the financial concerns that at this point are unavoidable. Your child deserves to have the best possible life, which requires the best medical treatment. That treatment could end up costing your family hundreds of thousands of dollars over the next several years, and we don’t believe you should have to pay it.
If your child suffered a birth injury, give us a call today for a free consultation. An experienced birth injury lawyer can investigate the circumstances that led up to your child’s injury and fight to get your family the maximum amount of compensation. Your child deserves the best, and that’s exactly what we plan to put into your case: our best. Contact us today.