June 1st, 2020
For many people, swimming pools are the ultimate summertime escape. They’re great places to cool off on hot days for both kids and adults alike. However, in addition to the ever-present threat of drowning, swimming pools can also put people at risk of other serious injuries.
Common swimming pool-related injuries include:
- Slip and fall injuries—Whether it’s from splashing or dripping swimmers, every surface near a swimming pool is likely to get wet while the pool is being used. It’s up to pool owners to ensure that those surfaces don’t become slick and dangerous when they get wet to prevent slips and falls.
- Chlorine and chemical injuries—Maintaining an optimal level of chlorine and other cleaning agents in swimming pools is mandatory to keep them free from bacteria and safe for swimmers. When there’s too little, swimmers can get sick, and when there’s too much, they can suffer health problems.
- Cuts and abrasions—People walk around swimming pools with bare feet, and they come into contact with metal and rough surfaces such as ladders, diving boards, slides, and liners. Hazards such as broken glass, sharp edges, and broken equipment can put swimmers at risk of serious injuries.
The Virginia personal injury attorneys at Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers are here to help if you or someone you love suffers a serious swimming pool injury this summer. All swimming pool owners are required to take many steps to ensure their property is safe for swimmers, and when they fail to do so, we hold them accountable. Contact us today for a free consultation to find out how we can help.
February 17th, 2020
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, we assist people who were injured in auto accidents, truck accidents, work accidents, medical malpractice scenarios, and more. While our practice areas cover a wide swath of the most common types of injuries, we know that not all injuries are easily categorized. In addition, many victims are unsure of the type of injury or illness they suffered, and that can make them hesitant to pursue compensation.
We believe that innocent victims should never pay out of pocket when their accident-related expenses were caused by careless people or parties. That’s why we’re always available to hear stories from people throughout Virginia who have been injured in accidents or unforeseen events. Our consultations are always free, and we don’t get paid unless we recover compensation for our clients.
Our office is located in Norfolk, but our Virginia personal injury lawyers are available to help innocent victims throughout the state, including residents of Chesapeake, Hampton Roads, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, and more. Our team is ready to take phone calls 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. We also have a team of operators on our website who are ready to assist you with your questions and concerns.
Don’t let an injury that was caused by someone else’s negligence slide. You may be facing a future filled with expensive medical bills and weeks, months, or years off the job. That can make it difficult to stay on top of your family’s living expenses, but we’re here to help. Contact us today for a free consultation.
May 14th, 2019
Social media is a great tool for staying in touch with family and friends, but it can cost you big money after an auto accident. Insurance companies do everything in their power to pay victims as little as possible after crashes, and that includes keeping tabs on their social media profiles.
The adjusters assigned to your case may check your social media accounts on a regular basis for things like:
- Information about your accident—To be successful, auto accident claims must be truthful and consistent. If insurance adjusters find differing accounts of the accident on victims’ social media profiles, they may question the official accounts of what happened.
- Pictures of you—Insurance adjusters also check victims’ profiles for new pictures that may indicate their injuries aren’t as serious as they claim. For example, adjusters may be skeptical of victims who claim to have suffered serious injuries but who upload photos of themselves being active or taking part in activities that might be difficult due to their injuries.
In many cases, insurance adjusters misinterpret what they see and read on victims’ social media profiles. However, it’s better to be safe than sorry and to not give the adjusters any edge against you when it comes to getting compensation.
Stay off social media after your crash, and be sure to get an experienced Norfolk auto accident attorney on your side. Contact Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
May 6th, 2019
Consumer products are designed to make life easier and more efficient, while medical products are designed to alleviate symptoms and improve quality of life. The safety and effectiveness of products hinges on the steps their manufacturers took before they were released to the consumer or medical markets. Unfortunately, some manufacturers skip essential steps or use low-quality materials, and that can put the people who purchase or use their products at risk.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk defective product lawyers know how dangerous untested and poorly manufactured products can be. We also know that victims may feel helpless when it comes to getting compensation from huge billion-dollar corporations. We aren’t afraid to stand up to big product manufacturers, especially when it involves getting damages for victims’ medical bills and lost wages.
Don’t be afraid to get the money you deserve for what you’ve been through. Defective product injuries are often debilitating and disabling, and you may be facing an uncertain future involving extensive medical treatments and weeks, months, or even years out of work. We know what you’re dealing with, and it’s our goal to help you recover and put your injuries behind you. Contact us today for a free consultation.
February 18th, 2019
The financial impact of injuries is twofold.
First, victims incur big medical bills that can continue to pile up for weeks, months, or even years after their injuries occur. That’s because injuries often require everything from surgeries and hospitalization to prescription medications and physical rehabilitation.
Second, injuries can result in temporary or permanent disabilities that make it difficult or impossible for victims to work in any capacity. That means no paychecks and no way to support themselves or their families.
The Norfolk personal injury attorneys at Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers believe that innocent victims shouldn’t have to suffer because of injuries that weren’t their fault. That’s why we do everything we can to help victims get maximum compensation for their injury-related expenses.
If you or someone you love was injured because of a negligent driver, healthcare professional, dog owner, nursing home employee, or any other party, we’re here to help. First, we’ll investigate your claim to determine your rights to compensation. If we prove you weren’t at fault, we’ll determine exactly how much money you need to move forward with your life. Finally, we’ll negotiate with the insurance company to help you get it.
Don’t trust the insurance company to give you a fair settlement without a lawyer on your side. Insurance companies are in business to generate big profits for themselves—not for injured victims like you. Contact us today for a free consultation to find out how we may be able to help you and your loved ones.
November 26th, 2018
Whether you were hurt in an auto accident, by a defective product, or because of a negligent healthcare provider, you have the right to pursue compensation for your losses. That includes expenses such as medical bills, lost wages, and even pain and suffering.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk personal injury attorneys help victims who have been harmed in a variety of situations and by a variety of individuals and parties. Our law firm has many years of experience assisting people just like you, and we know what it takes to win.
When you contact us:
- We’ll help prove who was at fault—Insurance companies are often skeptical of injury claims, and they frequently cast doubt on the innocence of victims. Our attorneys know how to collect and present evidence that makes a compelling case for the origin of your injuries.
- We’ll negotiate to get you maximum compensation—Even when insurance companies agree that victims weren’t responsible for their own injuries, they still may refuse to pay settlements or they may offer only lowball settlements. We’ll calculate how much you’re owed for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses, and we’ll fight to help you get it.
Trying to get compensation on your own after an injury or illness that wasn’t your fault can be difficult. It requires extensive knowledge of the legal system and how insurance companies view claims—and we have both. Call us today for a free consultation.
August 27th, 2018
The law helps create a duty to adhere to behavior that doesn’t endanger others. When people fail to uphold that duty, they can seriously injure themselves and innocent victims.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, it’s our goal to stand up for people who were hurt through no fault of their own. Our Norfolk personal injury lawyers know how disruptive accidents and disabling injuries can be to victims’ lives, especially when big medical bills are involved.
Here are two important reasons that victims’ injury claims can benefit from experienced lawyers:
- Insurance companies can take advantage of unrepresented victims—Insurance companies pay as little as possible to victims in order to protect their profits. They often achieve that by offering lowball settlements in the days or weeks after accidents. After victims accept those offers, they can’t pursue additional compensation. Victims with attorneys can continue fighting to get the full damages they deserve.
- The claim process can be intensive and exhausting—especially when you’re injured—After a serious or disabling injury, your biggest priority is getting better. That means resting and spending time with your family. You shouldn’t have to spend your days filling out paperwork, collecting evidence, or negotiating with the insurance company. Instead, you can leave those tasks up to your lawyer.
You’ve been through enough already. Let our legal team handle your claim to help maximize your chances of getting the money you deserve. Call today for a free consultation.
March 20th, 2017
If you’ve been injured, you’re probably wondering whether or not you have a personal injury case. You’re not alone. The majority of the calls we receive from accident victims are about finding an answer to that very question. Although a free consultation from Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers is a simple way to find out if you have a case, you can ask yourself 3 questions before you make the call to determine if a lawyer might be able to help:
Was the accident caused by someone else’s negligence? Whether you were involved in a car crash or a slip and fall incident, the person or organization at fault should be responsible for your injuries. If someone other than yourself caused your accident, you may have a personal injury claim.
Were you injured? Seems fundamental, but it’s an important component to any personal injury case. To have a personal injury claim, you need to have sustained injuries due to your accident. If you did, you may have a personal injury claim.
Do you expect to incur expenses due to your injuries? To simplify a complex process, personal injury claims are essentially about recovering compensation for expenses or hardships you incur due to your injuries. From medical expenses to lost wages, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your injuries.
If you answered “yes” to all of the above questions, chances are you have a personal injury claim and should consult with a personal injury attorney right now. Call today for your free consultation. Our law firm wants to review your case for free and fight to get you every dollar you deserve.
August 22nd, 2016
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, we’re committed to getting our clients the most money for their injury claim in the least amount of time. That’s what we’ve done for more than 30 years, and that’s what we aim to do for you as well. The best-case scenario is that the insurance company will live up to their responsibilities and agree to a fair settlement quickly. If that doesn’t happen, we’ll take them to court to get the money you deserve. In that process, there’s a chance you’ll need to testify on your behalf. Here are 3 tips to ensure that testimony helps rather than hurts your case:
- Tell the truth. The stand is never the place to expound on or exaggerate your story. A good opposing attorney will know every bit of information involved in the case and will capitalize on any inconsistencies in your story. Be prepared and stick to the facts.
- Be polite. The opposing attorney may try to get you wound up, emotional, or even angry with his/her questioning. Don’t fall for it. Simply answer the questions, keeping your temper in check the entire time.
- Get rest. We’ll do everything within our power to ensure you’re prepared for your time on the stand. However, a good night’s rest can be the deciding factor for how your testimony turns out. You want to be fresh and presentable on the stand, which you can’t do if you’re tired.
If you’re already a Lowell Stanley client, rest assured that we’ll be by your side throughout the entire injury claim process, especially if your case goes to trial. If you’re not a client and are looking for experienced representation, give us a call today for a free consultation. We’d love to speak with you.
March 14th, 2016
We are all creatures of habit. We each have our routines that help us start our days on the right foot. Whether drinking your coffee on your porch or taking a walk every morning with your dog, these routines provide familiarity and comfort. When they’re taken away, they can throw your life out of balance.
We talk a lot on this blog about the big things we do for accident victims, such as ensuring they get the best medical treatment available and helping get them maximum compensation for their injuries. However, often it’s the smaller contributions we make that can mean even more.
Our main goal is to help accident victims get their lives back on track. That means doing our best to restore the life that they loved before this accident robbed them of it. When we get a large settlement or verdict for a client, it’s a huge win for the client and their family, but that’s not when the case is won in our book. When we check in a couple months later and they’ve reclaimed those life routines we all take for granted, that’s when we consider the case a win.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, it’s more than getting you maximum compensation for your injuries, it’s about helping rebuild your life. If you’ve been in a serious accident, give us a call for a free evaluation of your claim. We’ve helped hundreds of accident victims in Norfolk, and we’re ready to help you too.