Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers Blog
January 28th, 2019
Whether your loved one died due to a car accident, work accident, medical mistake, or drug/medical device defect, you may be eligible to receive compensation. That’s because any death caused by another person’s or party’s negligence may constitute a wrongful death, and surviving family members can file compensation claims for expenses such as medical bills, funeral costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk wrongful death attorneys know that losing a loved one is one of the most difficult things you can ever experience. It’s our goal to make the grieving process a little easier by removing one of the biggest worries that surviving family members like you often have after losing a loved one. An unexpected death isn’t just emotionally traumatic—it can also put your family in financial crisis.
Wrongful death claims are often complex and sensitive, but our attorneys know how to build your claim the right way. From collecting evidence that proves the other party’s negligence caused your loved one’s death, to calculating how much money your family is owed and fighting aggressively to get it for you, we’re ready to put our experience and track record of success on the line for you every step of the way.
You’ve got enough on your mind right now. Let us handle helping you get the compensation you need to begin moving forward with your life. Call us today for a free consultation.
January 21st, 2019
Insurance companies are always looking for ways to reduce or deny payments to innocent victims. That means they may hold biases against certain people, including people who they believe caused their own injuries. That group often includes motorcyclists.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, we know that most motorcyclists are safe and responsible when they ride. We also know that many accidents involving motorcycles and passenger vehicles are due to drivers failing to look for motorcyclists. However, insurance companies rarely see it that way, and they often give motorcyclists paltry settlements or deny them compensation altogether.
If you or someone you love was hurt in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another driver, our Norfolk motorcycle accident lawyers want to help you prove it. We know the common causes of motorcycle crashes, including:
- Drivers turning left into the paths of motorcyclists—One of the most common causes of motorcycle crashes is drivers turning left in front of motorcyclists. Drivers don’t always look for motorcyclists, and they may begin to turn even when motorcyclists are heading straight towards them.
- Distracted drivers—Drivers not being on the lookout for motorcyclists is bad enough, but the distracted driving epidemic increases motorcyclists’ risks. When drivers are looking at their phones, they aren’t looking at the road—and that can mean serious crashes for motorcyclists.
- Drifting into motorcyclists’ lanes—Whether they don’t see them or don’t respect them, many drivers put motorcyclists in danger by drifting into their lanes. That can cause motorcyclists to swerve to avoid a collision, which can ultimately result in an injury-causing crash.
We’re here to help you get the compensation you deserve after your motorcycle accident. Call today for a free consultation.
January 14th, 2019
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, it’s our job to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve after an auto accident. And while most of that work involves us collecting evidence and negotiating with the insurance company, some of it also involves making sure our clients take the right steps after their crashes.
Insurance companies are always looking for ways to reduce or deny settlements after auto accidents. Personal injury claims require plenty of proof and documentation to win for victims, but only one small mistake to jeopardize. That’s why it’s so important for victims to take the right steps and avoid making common missteps after accidents.
If you or someone you love was recently hurt in a crash, avoiding the following mistakes can help ensure your rights stay protected:
- Don’t admit fault after the accident—Your memory of the crash may be fragmented, and you may find it difficult to remember exactly what happened. Even if you think you may have been partially at fault for the accident, it’s important to never say that to anyone, whether it’s the police, the other driver, or the insurance company. Admitting fault can disqualify you from getting compensation, even if evidence later proves you couldn’t have caused the crash.
- Don’t talk about your accident or claim on social media—Insurance adjusters are known to track victims for weeks, months, or even years while their claims are in process. Social media has made it easier than ever for them to “follow” victims, and they’re known to use victims’ status updates and pictures against them. Stay off social media as much as possible until you get your check.
Let our Norfolk auto accident lawyers protect you from the insurance company. Call today for a free consultation.
January 7th, 2019
We live in a product-based society. Almost everything we use and interact with everyday either comes from a store or was produced in a manufacturing facility. Most of the products that fill our homes and workplaces are safe to use and pose no threat to us, but some can cause serious injuries or illnesses—and that’s often due to manufacturer negligence.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk defective product attorneys know that any product, whether they’re household appliances, vehicle components, or even medical devices, can pose risks to the people who use them. But those risks can be amplified when manufacturers either fail to properly test them, push them to market despite faulty designs or components, or withhold information about known dangers.
If you or someone you love was injured by a defective product, you may feel helpless. You’re dealing with a serious injury or illness, and you may be unable to work, but how are you supposed to get compensation for what you’re going through? Product manufacturers may seem untouchable, and they may not even respond to your attempts to contact them. But getting a lawyer on your side changes everything.
Our legal team knows how to build defective product claims that get attention and get results. Don’t suffer in silence when another party caused you harm—even if it was a billion-dollar corporation. Call us today for a free consultation.
January 2nd, 2019
There are a huge number of prescription medications on the market in America, and many more will be released in 2019 and beyond. While medications are supposed to be subjected to rigorous testing by their manufacturers and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, dangerous drugs can still end up in unsuspecting patient’s medicine cabinets.
To make matters worse, sometimes drug manufacturers are aware of the dangers posed by their products, but they try to hide that information to make sure they get approved for release and for sale in pharmacies throughout the country. When that happens and innocent people like you get hurt, the pharmaceutical companies in question should be held accountable for their negligence—and that’s where we come in.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk drug injury lawyers are proud to stand up for the rights of people who were harmed by prescription medications. Suffering an illness or complication after taking a drug that was supposed to help you can be frustrating, stressful, and even life-threatening. That’s why we do everything in our power to help victims get maximum compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
We’re not afraid to stand up to big pharmaceutical companies, especially when it comes to helping innocent victims whose lives were forever changed by defective, tainted, or dangerous medications. Get in touch with us today for a free consultation and to find out how we can help.
December 24th, 2018
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our legal team meets people from all walks of life who have suffered many types of severe injuries. And while all injuries have the potential to cause devastating consequences, few have effects that are as life-changing as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
TBIs can occur due to a variety of accidents and scenarios, including medical malpractice, auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, workplace injuries, and even acts of violence. Because the brain has limited healing and regenerative capabilities, many victims who suffer TBIs experience profound cognitive, physical, and emotional difficulties for the rest of their lives.
The severity of TBIs can vary, as can their consequences. Some victims may experience subtle personality and cognitive changes, while others may have difficulty living independently or even require around-the-clock assistance. A Norfolk brain injury attorney knows how such injuries can affect families and their finances, especially when the victims were primary income earners for their households.
It’s important to remember that insurance companies may be reluctant to give victims of all accidents and injuries fair compensation—even TBI victims whose lives are permanently altered. Our team fights for the rights of victims and their families by calculating how much money they’re owed and aggressively negotiating to help them get it.
Ready to take the first step towards compensation after your or your loved one’s TBI? Call us today for a free consultation.
December 17th, 2018
Drivers are supposed to be on the lookout for everyone on the road—not just other cars, trucks, and SUVs. But too often, drivers fail to watch for motorcyclists, pedestrians, and bicyclists. When bicyclists are struck by vehicles, they face a high risk of suffering severe and even life-threatening injuries.
Aside from major highways and interstates, bicycles are allowed on almost all roads and streets in Virginia. That privilege means that bicyclists are both required to obey traffic laws and also granted the same rights as people in passenger vehicles. Because of those rights, drivers are expected to extend the same courtesy to bicyclists as they do to everyone else.
But as many bicyclists know, drivers often neglect to watch out for bicyclists at best and even drive aggressively near them at worst. At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk bicycle accident lawyers believe that it’s unacceptable for drivers to not treat bicyclists with respect and to be cautious when driving near them.
If you or someone you love was hurt in a bicycle accident, you deserve compensation for your injuries. You may be facing expensive medical bills that you can’t afford, and your may be disabled and unable to return to work for several weeks or even months. We’ll do everything in our power to help you maximize your chances of getting full compensation. Contact us today for a free consultation to find out how we can help.
December 10th, 2018
The thought of your loved one being abused by a medical professional or staff member at his or her nursing home is horrifying. Many people with loved ones living in nursing homes share that worry, and that means they’re often on high alert for signs of physical or mental abuse when they visit their family members.
However, neglect can be more difficult to detect, but it can also have seriously detrimental effects on the health and happiness of nursing home residents. Common types of neglect include:
- Neglect of primary needs—Residents may be deprived of basic needs like food, water, and a clean room, bed, and clothing. Weight loss, dehydration, or unsanitary conditions may be blamed on the resident or his or her medical conditions.
- Neglect of medical needs—Many nursing home residents suffer from health conditions that require frequent treatment and evaluation. When residents are victims of neglect, they may receive their medication sporadically or go days without it, and they may be deprived of the medical care they need from doctors and specialists.
- Neglect of personal needs—It’s important for nursing home residents to feel like they’re part of the community. When residents are left alone for long periods of time or aren’t allowed to participate in activities, their mental health may suffer.
If you suspect your loved one is being abused or neglected in his or her nursing home, contact a Norfolk nursing home abuse lawyer today. The legal team at Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers is ready to help—call for a free consultation.
December 3rd, 2018
Although they spend millions of dollars annually convincing people they focus on protecting policyholders via commercials and other advertisements, auto insurance companies aren’t working in anyone’s best interests except for their own. That’s even true when they find out that innocent people were hurt in car crashes caused by negligent drivers.
Insurance companies have perfected the art of reducing or denying valid claims from real victims who need money to pay for their medical bills, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses. Unfortunately, many victims are unprepared for the realities of filing injury claims and the runarounds that insurance companies often give them. Many insurers count on victims either accepting lowball settlements or becoming discouraged and giving up altogether.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk auto accident attorneys know that victims like you are often at a disadvantage against insurance companies when they pursue compensation after crashes. That’s because insurance companies have well-defined procedures and tactics for paying as little as possible, while you may be navigating the personal injury claim process for the very first time.
Don’t go it alone. Get an experienced law firm on your side to get the peace of mind and improved chances of receiving maximum compensation that you deserve. Call us today for a free consultation to find out how we can put our years of experience and track record of success to work for your family.
November 26th, 2018
Whether you were hurt in an auto accident, by a defective product, or because of a negligent healthcare provider, you have the right to pursue compensation for your losses. That includes expenses such as medical bills, lost wages, and even pain and suffering.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk personal injury attorneys help victims who have been harmed in a variety of situations and by a variety of individuals and parties. Our law firm has many years of experience assisting people just like you, and we know what it takes to win.
When you contact us:
- We’ll help prove who was at fault—Insurance companies are often skeptical of injury claims, and they frequently cast doubt on the innocence of victims. Our attorneys know how to collect and present evidence that makes a compelling case for the origin of your injuries.
- We’ll negotiate to get you maximum compensation—Even when insurance companies agree that victims weren’t responsible for their own injuries, they still may refuse to pay settlements or they may offer only lowball settlements. We’ll calculate how much you’re owed for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses, and we’ll fight to help you get it.
Trying to get compensation on your own after an injury or illness that wasn’t your fault can be difficult. It requires extensive knowledge of the legal system and how insurance companies view claims—and we have both. Call us today for a free consultation.