Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers Blog
May 27th, 2019
When you visit your doctor or check into the hospital for an illness or injury, you expect to receive care that’s designed to improve your health and your symptoms. But for many Americans, getting medical attention results in a worsening of their conditions due to negligent healthcare providers.
When doctors, surgeons, and other medical practitioners make mistakes due to carelessness, their patients may be able to file medical malpractice claims against them to recover compensation for their injury-related expenses. However, the healthcare industry is well protected against medical malpractice claims, and that can make it difficult for many patients, including those who were severely injured, to get the money they deserve.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk medical malpractice lawyers have years of experience building and aggressively pursuing malpractice claims for innocent victims throughout Virginia. If you or someone you love was harmed by a healthcare provider or facility, you need experienced legal representation on your side as soon as possible. That’s because evidence can quickly disappear, and the hospital or healthcare facility may begin building its claim against you the day it finds out what happened.
Don’t risk your family’s financial future and your chance of getting closure for what happened to you. Call us today for a free consultation and to find out how we can help.
May 20th, 2019
If your loved one died because of another person’s or party’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, we fight for the rights of people who were hurt in auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, and other types of accidents through no fault of their own. It’s our goal to help them get maximum compensation for their accident-related expenses, including their medical bills and lost wages.
We do the same for surviving family members when their loved ones die in preventable accidents or due to negligence-related injuries. The expenses associated with the death of a loved one can be overwhelming, especially if the decedent was the primary income earner for the household. In addition, families may also have to pay for expensive medical procedures and funeral costs. When those costs are combined, they may be too much for a single family to bear.
We believe that surviving family members shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket when another party’s negligence results in the death of their loved one. However, we also know that wrongful death claims are often legally complex and require a thorough understanding of Virginia’s laws and ample evidence.
Don’t trust just any law firm after your loved one’s wrongful death. Get in touch with our Norfolk legal team today for a free consultation to find out how we can help your family.
May 14th, 2019
Social media is a great tool for staying in touch with family and friends, but it can cost you big money after an auto accident. Insurance companies do everything in their power to pay victims as little as possible after crashes, and that includes keeping tabs on their social media profiles.
The adjusters assigned to your case may check your social media accounts on a regular basis for things like:
- Information about your accident—To be successful, auto accident claims must be truthful and consistent. If insurance adjusters find differing accounts of the accident on victims’ social media profiles, they may question the official accounts of what happened.
- Pictures of you—Insurance adjusters also check victims’ profiles for new pictures that may indicate their injuries aren’t as serious as they claim. For example, adjusters may be skeptical of victims who claim to have suffered serious injuries but who upload photos of themselves being active or taking part in activities that might be difficult due to their injuries.
In many cases, insurance adjusters misinterpret what they see and read on victims’ social media profiles. However, it’s better to be safe than sorry and to not give the adjusters any edge against you when it comes to getting compensation.
Stay off social media after your crash, and be sure to get an experienced Norfolk auto accident attorney on your side. Contact Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
May 6th, 2019
Consumer products are designed to make life easier and more efficient, while medical products are designed to alleviate symptoms and improve quality of life. The safety and effectiveness of products hinges on the steps their manufacturers took before they were released to the consumer or medical markets. Unfortunately, some manufacturers skip essential steps or use low-quality materials, and that can put the people who purchase or use their products at risk.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk defective product lawyers know how dangerous untested and poorly manufactured products can be. We also know that victims may feel helpless when it comes to getting compensation from huge billion-dollar corporations. We aren’t afraid to stand up to big product manufacturers, especially when it involves getting damages for victims’ medical bills and lost wages.
Don’t be afraid to get the money you deserve for what you’ve been through. Defective product injuries are often debilitating and disabling, and you may be facing an uncertain future involving extensive medical treatments and weeks, months, or even years out of work. We know what you’re dealing with, and it’s our goal to help you recover and put your injuries behind you. Contact us today for a free consultation.
April 29th, 2019
Warm weather is here to stay in the Norfolk area, and that means motorcycle season has officially arrived. Whether you ride for pleasure or to get around town, you know that traveling on two wheels carries many risks. Wearing all the gear, all the time can help you reduce your chances of suffering serious injuries during an accident, but it can’t eliminate your risks.
Because serious injuries can occur to even the most well-protected and safety-conscious riders, it’s important to be ready in the event of an emergency. If you’re ever involved in a motorcycle accident, do your best to follow these important steps:
- Call 911—Dialing 911 accomplishes two things. First, it dispatches police officers who will create an accident report of what happened. Second, it dispatches emergency responders who can give you, your passenger, and any other victims immediate medical attention for your injuries.
- Collect information at the accident scene—If you’re capable of doing so, take pictures of the crash scene, including your motorcycle and the other vehicle. Get contact information from the other driver and witnesses, as their statements can help build your claim.
- Call a Norfolk motorcycle accident lawyer—Injured motorcyclists aren’t always treated fairly by insurance companies. The sooner you get a lawyer on your side, the stronger your claim may be, as there may be more evidence available to prove that you weren’t at fault for the accident.
Get in touch with Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers after your accident. We know motorcycle accidents, and we know how to help. Contact us today for a free consultation.
April 22nd, 2019
High blood pressure is a common health problem. It’s linked to a variety of serious complications, including stroke and heart attack. Millions of Americans take medications to control their blood pressure, but a significant number of those medications have been recalled during the past several months.
Both losartan potassium and losartan potassium/hydrochlorothiazide tablets have been recalled by multiple manufacturers, and the recall continues to expand to include new medications and new manufacturers. Just last week, Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Expanded its recall of losartan medications due to the presence of a cancer-causing impurity called N-methylnitrosobutyric. The new recall involves 36 additional lots of the medication.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommended the recall, but it also recommends that patients continue taking the recalled medications until they speak with their doctors. That’s because abruptly discontinuing medications, including blood pressure drugs, can introduce serious health problems that can put patients at risk more than potential impurities and drug injuries.
Blood pressure medication recalls began in July 2018 and have included many manufacturers after it was discovered that a significant number of pills were contaminated with potential cancer-causing impurities. The FDA says that it will continue to test batches of losartan medications to determine if they contain impurities.
If you or someone you love took a blood pressure medication and developed cancer or other health problems, you may be eligible for compensation. Get in touch with a Norfolk drug injury attorney at Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
April 15th, 2019
Nursing homes are supposed to be safe places where people receive personalized healthcare and assistance with their day-to-day living tasks. Unfortunately, some nursing homes are the opposite, as negligent staff members put residents’ well-being and lives in danger due to abuse and neglect.
Negligence may occur when nursing homes understaff in an effort to save money, or they hire underqualified and unvetted workers. Too many nursing homes value profits over the health of their residents, and when their priorities are skewed, innocent people suffer.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk nursing home abuse attorneys are dedicated to holding negligent nursing homes and nursing home owners responsible for the harm they cause to residents. If your loved one suffered an illness or injury because of abuse or neglect while living in a nursing home, we’re here to help.
We know what evidence to look for to prove that your loved one’s health problems are caused by poor quality of care, and we know how to build a claim that the nursing home can’t ignore. Call us today for a free consultation—we’re ready to help your family get the compensation you deserve.
April 8th, 2019
If you were hurt at work, you may be facing an uphill battle to get approved for workers’ compensation benefits. That’s because employers are often reluctant to admit that their workers got hurt on the job, and the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission is also notoriously tough on claims.
The most crucial times for your claim are the moments and days immediately after your on-the-job injury. What you do during that window can have a significant impact on your ability to get the compensation you and your loved ones deserve. Avoiding the following mistakes can improve your chances of getting benefits:
- Waiting too long to report your injury—Telling your manager or supervisor about your injury as soon as it happens helps establish when and where your injury occurred. The sooner you tell someone what happened, the easier it will be to prove that your injury happened as you describe it.
- Exaggerating or downplaying your injury—Be truthful about what happened and the severity of your injuries. If you make your injuries sound worse or less severe than they actually are, you can jeopardize your chances of getting compensation.
- Waiting too long to call a lawyer—Convincing both your employer and the workers’ compensation commission that you got hurt at work isn’t easy. The longer you wait to get a lawyer, the more difficult it will be to collect and present evidence that strengthens your claim.
Call the Virginia workers’ compensation attorneys at Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation and to get the legal representation you deserve.
April 1st, 2019
Car accidents are painful and traumatic. You may need immediate medical attention, and your injuries may prevent you from working for weeks, months, or even years. It can be difficult to handle the aftermath of an auto accident alone, but there are certain people and parties that you should reach out to as soon as possible to protect your health and your rights to compensation.
Being honest and upfront with the following five parties can make a big difference in the outcome of your auto accident claim:
- 911 dispatcher—Call 911 as soon as possible after your auto accident. Stay on the line as long as necessary, and be sure to provide information such as where the crash occurred, how many vehicles are involved, and the severity of injuries.
- Responding police officer—All accidents involving property damage and injuries in Virginia are recorded by police officers. When an officer arrives at the scene, cooperate with him or her and be honest about what happened.
- Medical professionals—Whether you get treated at the scene by emergency responders or at a hospital in the following days, never exaggerate or downplay your injuries. The more accurately you can describe them, the better care you’ll receive.
- Your insurance company—Your auto insurance provider requires that you report the accident within a matter of days. Do so as soon as possible, but stick to the facts and never admit fault.
- A Norfolk auto accident lawyer—The sooner your compensation claim is built, the better your chances of getting compensation. Calling a lawyer right away may mean more evidence for your case, and that can make a big difference.
Ready to get started on your path to compensation? Call us today for a free consultation.
March 25th, 2019
Have you or someone you love recently suffered from a traumatic brain injury (TBI)? Whether it was due to a car accident, a motorcycle accident, a workplace accident, or any other accident, it’s important to get legal representation on your side.
TBIs are expensive and life-changing. Victims often have difficulty with routine and day-to-day tasks, which means many are unable to work for long periods of time and even for the rest of their lives. The combination of lost paychecks and expensive medical bills and rehabilitation is often too much for many families to bear.
At Lowell Stanley Injury Lawyers, our Norfolk brain injury attorneys know what you’re going through after a TBI. We’ve seen the profound effects that TBIs have on families, and we know that those injuries can result in difficulties that last for decades. That’s why we strive to help victims and their loved ones get maximum compensation after injuries that weren’t their fault.
When you choose us to handle your TBI claim, we’ll do everything in our power to help you get the money you deserve. We’ll start by finding out who was responsible for the injury, and then we’ll collect evidence that leaves no doubt in the insurance company’s mind concerning liability. Then, we’ll determine how much money your family is owed. Finally, we’ll negotiate with the insurance company to help you get every penny.
Get a law firm on your side that understands your situation and knows how to help. Call us today for a free consultation.