Newport News Roof Worker Electrocuted on the Job
August 9, 2011
A Newport News, Virginia, man was burned on the job on Tuesday, August 9, while working on the roof of a church.
HamptonRoads.com reports that the man suffered an electrical burn around 10 a.m. when he came into contact with an electrical line that powered a rooftop air conditioning unit. The man — an employee of Hampton, Virginia-based Tidewater Roofing Company — was helping to repair the roof of Saint Paul AME Church on 2500 Chestnut Avenue.
The Newport News Fire Department used an aerial tower ladder from one of their trucks to bring the worker safely down to the ground — blocking thru traffic on Chestnut and 26th Street for 30 minutes.
The victim was transported to Riverside Regional Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. His name has not yet been released.
Who do you think should be held liable for this on-the-job Virginia accident? Do you think this will become a Virginia workers’ compensation lawsuit?
If you or someone you know thinks they can claim Virginia workers’ compensation, the injury lawyers at Lowell Stanley can help.