Medical Malpractice in Virginia
Patients are already suffering from illnesses and afflictions when they are under the care of a doctor or hospital. When those doctors and hospitals fail to uphold the standard of care and offer compromised, uninformed treatment, patients may need to go through the harrowing ordeal of corrective treatment, medication, therapy, and possibly more surgeries. This can be dangerous and life-threatening to those who are already weakened by previous treatments or conditions.
Doctors, hospitals, and pharmacists are responsible for the lives of those under their care, and any act of negligence or misconduct on their part can potentially take the life of a loved one. Patients trust in their doctors’ education, expertise, and medical judgment to help them get better. Any lapse in judgment can result in medical malpractice that injures a person in permanent and devastating ways.
The Costs of Medical Malpractice
Corrective treatment for medical malpractice can be lengthy, painful, and very expensive. Medical bills, physical therapy, and medication are just some of the costs that mount while patients are left out of work to heal. On top of lost wages, medical malpractice victims may suffer a loss of trust in doctors and treatments, making the healing process mentally and emotionally difficult as well as physically painful.
The Norfolk medical malpractice attorneys at Lowell Stanley will fight to get the compensation you need to cover injury-related expenses and hold doctors, hospitals, and other caregivers accountable for their negligent conduct.
Am I a medical malpractice victim?
Medical malpractice can present itself in several forms, some of which may not be as obvious as others. Ask yourself the following questions to help determine if you have been the victim of medical malpractice:
- Did you or a family member suffer a severe or permanent injury while under the care of a doctor, hospital, or other healthcare provider?
- Did your doctor keep information from you about your medical condition or fail to disclose all the possible risks of your surgery and one of those risks caused you injury?
- Did your insurance company question the appropriateness of specific procedures, tests, or diagnoses that resulted in delaying your treatment or preventing you from getting the best treatment for your condition?
- Did your doctor cause appropriate medical treatment to be delayed by failing to test for or diagnose a disease in a timely manner?
- Did your doctor cause an injury to you or your baby during childbirth?
- Did prescription medication cause you injury?
- Did you suffer injury because the equipment used during medical treatment or surgery was faulty, broken, or handled improperly?
- Did your doctor fail to refer you to an appropriate specialist (such as an orthopedic surgeon, neurologist, or cardiovascular surgeon) and as a result your condition worsened?
- Did your doctor fail to follow up on an abnormal test result or fail to order the proper test in a timely manner?
- Were you discharged from a hospital or your doctor’s care before you should have been, and as a result your condition worsened?
If you still aren’t sure if you are a medical malpractice victim, contact the skilled medical malpractice attorneys at Lowell Stanley. Our staff has the experience and legal knowledge necessary to help you determine if you have a claim.
Free Initial Consultation
If you believe you were the victim of medical malpractice, contact the Norfolk medical malpractice attorneys at Lowell Stanley. From our office in Norfolk, we’ve recovered compensation for clients throughout Virginia, including Hampton Roads,Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, and surrounding areas. Contact us today to get The Hammer on your side—just dial (757) 459-CASH or fill out our free online consultation form.
Get Help Now
Fill out this form to receive a free initial consultation today!